Friday, June 24, 2011

Remembering My Neighbor in Greeting Cards


For the last few weeks, I have been designing and writing greeting cards to sell in my store at Greeting Card Universe.  At my previous house in Philadelphia, I had a neighbor whom I remember saying quite often, "If it ain't broken, don't fix it."  He often observed me changing the oil in my car or tuning the engine.  He, on the other hand, sat in the blazing sun on my side of the shared patio with beads of perspiration running down his bald head.  He enjoyed the hot sun and said it reminded him of the old country, meaning Africa, him being African-American.  With those thoughts in mind, I started a line of greeting cards using colloquialisms I might hear him uttering.

I have a few here that are in my store presently:
The sentiment inside reads:
Congratulations on your engagement!
Strong black coffee may be what you need right now.
The sentiment inside reads:
Translated from Latin "Time Flies"
Happy Birthday Friend,
stop doing that insignificant crap,
you're getting older by the second.

If you please, I would love to have you assistance.  My children and wife all tell me I am not funny.  If you could leave your opinions and suggestions for edits, please do.  It will help me enormously.


Thank you

Related Links
How to Create Greeting Cards
Victorian Translations
GCU 101
Salon of Art

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't be shy. Leave a comment. I won't bite your head off.