Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Repeat After Me: Do Your Best!

Scouting.org




I was never a Cub Scout.  My parents told me it cost too much money to be a Cub Scout.  Besides, I wasn't comfortable with the "... Do My Duty to God ..." thing.  I did become an assistant den leader when my son, Alex, joined as a Bobcat.  I enjoyed the experience.  Both my sons were Cub Scouts though they never went on to become Boy Scouts.  


The most important value I learned from my short time as a scout leader is this: DO YOUR BEST.  No one is asking you to perform to perfection.  No one can be perfect.  Just do your best.  Give it your maximum effort.


I can only dream of the condition of this country and the world, for that matter, if everyone did their best while following the Golden Rule.


Do your best and be compassionate.




©Damyon T. Verbo - all rights reserved

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't be shy. Leave a comment. I won't bite your head off.