Friday, May 25, 2012

Slug Takes The Bait

I have slugs in my square foot garden plot. Lots of slugs. I want to trap all the slugs before the lettuce becomes a slug target.


I made a slug trap and baited it with inexpensive beer. I used a small bowl, the size of a desert bowl from a school cafeteria. I dug into the soil a bit so the lip of the bowl was level with the surface of the soil. I then poured beer into the bowl almost to the lip of the bowl.


Below you can see one slug take the bait. It will take some time at the rate of one slug a day. 


I wonder where I can purchase party invitations, slug size.

The image is enlarged at least 3x. The original time lapse between exposures was one every 5sec. The replay speed is 2x.




©Damyon T. Verbo - all rights reserved




No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't be shy. Leave a comment. I won't bite your head off.