Friday, March 8, 2013

Oaks Shopping Center Progress 8 March 2013

Cold weather and rain have slowed the pace of construction a bit, at the Oaks Shopping Center. I grabbed these overview photographs of the construction site on Friday. 

It was overcast. The ground was covered with snow in the early morning. By 10:00 what sunshine got through the clouds was enough to melt the white blanket.


The graders deposited a large mound of soil behind what looks like a rectangle shaped plot. I believe this is for Penn Liberty Bank, near the intersection of Egypt and Black Rock Rds. There are also sloughs lined with straw between the plot and the intersection. They are probably for drainage as is the same kind of slough near the intersection of Egypt and Mill Rds.

The next plot to the west on Egypt Rd., I believe is for Wawa. That dark square of soil will probably be the gasoline pumps area.

The houses that were once shielded by the train track and trees are quite visible from the road at this point. And, if I can paraphrase, contrary-wise, the saying on the back of a tractor trailer, "If you can see me in my mirror, I can see you."

I am pretty darn sure those homeowners never saw this project coming.


I am reminded of something the Roman poet Virgil once wrote:

Sed fugit interea fugit irreparabile tempus, singula dum

 capti circumvectamur amore

which means, according to wikipedia, 

"But meanwhile it flees: time flees irretrievably, while we

wander around, prisoners of our love of detail"



Obla-dee, obla-da!


©Damyon T. Verbo - all rights reserved





No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't be shy. Leave a comment. I won't bite your head off.