Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Oaks Shopping Center - Second Week of February

Groundhog's Day has come and gone and I didn't even take notice. Did he see his shadow? I guess I could Google it. No matter. I don't need no stinking groundhog to tell me spring is near. Evidence of spring can be seen if you just are observant.

I stopped by the Oaks Shopping Center construction site on Sunday, eight days after the groundhog's big day. The snow was melting. Puddles and mud covered the ground. Spring conditions if you ask me.

I stayed close to the intersection of Egypt and Mill Rds. The farther I walked the heavier my shoes became with the accumulating mud. I grabbed a few photographs of the construction progress.

The view from the site of the intersection of Egypt and Mill Roads shows a depression created for a large drainage pipe that will run from the back of the site to Egypt Road.

Two manholes, or is it person holes, in the back of the site along that drainage pipe are already underground.


More drainage pipe sits off to the side near the western limit of the site. The stone structure once supported the train tracks above several alcoves that probably held coal dropped from cars above.

Then I set to create some personal images.





I created a few images I liked. I found more evidence of spring. Even amidst the construction.

©Damyon T. Verbo - all rights reserved




No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't be shy. Leave a comment. I won't bite your head off.