Sunday, March 20, 2011

Hindsight is 20/20 cont'd



     Just ten years ago I was babbling about some idea I had when a co-worker told me I think too much.  What a kick in the head.  Were other people able to calm their minds without meditating?  Was I different? When I first started to work at my job some thirty years before this incident the very same co-worker called me queer.  Now granted I didn't fit into this environment, I was much more traditionally educated and I didn't enjoy sports or even watching sports and I enjoyed the arts.  I knew he was trying me when he made that declaration because queer was a double entendre.  From that point I was committed to proving that I may be queer/unusual but was able to produce and fit into their environment.  I did but I never fulfilled my life in the arts, as it could have been.  Hindsight is 20/20.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't be shy. Leave a comment. I won't bite your head off.