Thursday, March 24, 2011

Aging

I remember looking into the mirror one morning, and seeing my father staring back.  I realized I was getting older.  Not old, older.  As a child I was always told I resembled my mother.  I had never seen my father in my face, except for my nose. And my eye color.  Now I saw the thinning hair of my father that would look better short rather than the shoulder length of my 20s.  I saw wrinkles starting in the same patterns as on his face and the turkey gobbler beginning to show its jiggle.  My maternal grandfather died at 86 with a full head of hair.  I was beginning to look as my paternal grandfather, totally bald.  I never wanted to look like him or my father.  No telling how your genes will fit.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't be shy. Leave a comment. I won't bite your head off.