Thursday, March 31, 2011

Three Faces of Love

When I was younger I never really knew what was LOVE.  I knew there must be different kinds of love because, I didn't love my mother as I loved a girlfriend.  Sometime in my thirties I found love had three faces, thanks to Joseph Campbell.

Eros
Amor
Agape

My interpretation of the types

Eros = Lust

Amor = Romantic

Agape = Compassionate, unconditional/ charity




I want to create photographic images to arrange into a triptych with each panel devoted to each type of love.  I have many images and groupings of images in my head.  I now need to draw up some to see them on paper and make the best combinations.  Where did I leave my drawing paper and pencils?



The above images can be found on their original pages:
Eros
Amor
Agape



No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't be shy. Leave a comment. I won't bite your head off.