Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Geminid Meteor Showers

©Kevin Adams - kadamsphoto.com
Meteor showers fascinate me. Shooting stars streaking through the sky.  Laying out at night or in the early morning looking up into the heavens. I love it.

In my part of the world, the meteor shower season begins in August. It kind of works out that there is a shower near each of my relatives birthdays. That makes it easy for me to remember when a shower will occur. The next shower happens on my second son's birthday, December 13th. 

I have set my camera on a tripod in my back yard, in the past, to try and capture some images of the streaking particles. However, my suburban community is quite polluted with lights from parking lots and the near by county and state prisons. I need to get away to a light free area like the middle of a desert or high on a mountain top or on a deserted island in the middle of the ocean somewhere. Someday.

With that all out of my system, I was notified via email today of a short lesson on how to photograph meteor showers and I want to pass that on to you. Below is the link. Dress for the cold and get out and enjoy nature's fireworks.

How to photograph meteor showers


©Damyon T. Verbo - all rights reserved





No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't be shy. Leave a comment. I won't bite your head off.