Friday, March 29, 2013

US 422 Oaks Exit - Working at Night

By daylight, the Oaks exit on eastbound US 422 .

I drove by the site around 8pm on Wednesday night and couldn't help but notice the bright lights.

The generator powered lights were at opposite ends of construction site. The scene reminded me of the photographs that came back from the manned lunar landings. Very bright directional lighting on a barren surface. That reminded me of David Bowie's song Space Oddity. "Ground control to Major Tom ..."

I moved to the other end of the ditch, where there was work actually happening. 

Even though the lights were bright, the lighting was not great. The operator of the excavator could easily be blinded by the lights. A worker at this kind of site really has to be alert. Getting hit by the bucket could ruin a worker's evening.

"Tell my wife I love her very much. She knows."


©Damyon T. Verbo - all rights reserved




No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't be shy. Leave a comment. I won't bite your head off.