Saturday, January 12, 2013

Cheeburger, Cheeburger Opens Jan 21 in Oaks, PA


Adding to the food scene, I can only guess, is spawned by the Greater Philadelphia Expo Center in Oaks will be +Cheeburger, Cheeburger. The space was originally Dolce Italian Restaurant, a failed upscale restaurant complete with hostess station. +Cheeburger, Cheeburger will be a closer match to the needs of the movie crowd and employees of nearby large box stores.



As you can see, the opening is scheduled for Monday January 21.

It appears to be designed like a 50's malt shop. Lots of formica, chrome, neon and quilted stainless steel. The table and chairs remind me of the kitchen with which I was raised. I can clearly hear my mother and father telling me to stop leaning back with the chairs. They had their point. Once the rubber tips are worn off the legs the hollow tubes cut through the linoleum on the floor. Another thing I clearly remember is that those kind of chairs are uncomfortable.

Each table has sitting on it, what seems to be, a roll of paper towels placed in a chrome holder. I wonder if the food is messy by design? It won't be long before I know.

The Cheeburger, Cheeburger menu was taped to the glass beside the front door. Just a quick look at the headlines. Seems the place might have been named Invent. Invent your shake, fries, cheeseburger, platter, drink and salad. I wonder if I can invent a cheeseburger without the cheese. Nah! That would just be uninventive.

As for price, $6.95 for the (yellow highlighted on the printed menu) Semi-Serious Burger, 7oz. of meat, precooked. I am confused as to whether fries are included at that price. If not, a 6oz. burger at Max and Erma's is a better value. Fries are included there. Max and Erma's entrance is but a few hundred feet away. A short walk if either place is crowded. The consumer wins again. At least if you want a burger.

©Damyon T. Verbo - all rights reserved









No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't be shy. Leave a comment. I won't bite your head off.