Monday, April 25, 2011

Early Human Migration

I heard an interview on NPR Science Friday March 25, 2011 about the Hunt for traces of America's first inhabitants.  There is a new theory that American's first inhabitants traveled here by boat, long before the Asians crossed the Bering Straits on the land bridge.  Now I have always been unable to understand the migration by Homo sapiens out of Africa to inhabit the entire world. I mean, why leave and travel miles and miles and then live in frozen climates?  This theory, has me even more perplexed that these early humans would build a boat to travel onto the unknown oceans?  Why leave the land you inhabit.  Was the population that large?  Did they feel like rats in a cage?  There could not have been that many people in the world!


Links

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't be shy. Leave a comment. I won't bite your head off.