Thursday, August 25, 2011

New Photography Project:Circe Invidiosa

I have been dying to do another personal photography project.  Back in the spring I had the Equality Project in mind which turned into an enormous endeavor and was postponed until next summer.  Now I am working with one model using the John William Waterhouse painting of Circe Invidiosa as my inspiration.

I chose a curvaceous young model.  She still hasn't given me the thumbs up but I am proceeding with searching for my props and looking for a location.  I want a clear glass or plastic bowl as in the painting- wide and shallow.  I also need a dress of a chiton style or a fabric that I will fashion into a chiton type drape.  I have a location in mind but need to visit again to be sure the landscape hasn't changed and the pond is not covered with green algae at this time of year.

I am searching several places for a bowl.  I have looked online at IKEA, Crate and Barrel and Bed Bath and Beyond, Overstock ...  I have also been looking in Lowe's at the lighting displays that are on clearance for a glass diffuser on a ceiling light fixture that could be used as a bowl.  I was also searching for vessel sinks that may be scratched or special order returns for a low price.  There are also a few garage/lawn sales each weekend plus Marshall's, Home Goods and thrift stores to visit.  As for dresses I saw a possible dress at Target but I think I am leaning towards fabric fashioned into a chiton type drape.

In any case, I will be busy in my free time.  I guess it won't be free time, if I am busy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't be shy. Leave a comment. I won't bite your head off.