Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Circe Invidiosa III

I was having problems finding the correct color liquid for the potion in the image.  While I was doing online research and racking my brain I saw my son had a gallon of Hawaiian Punch.   He paid less than $2.00 for the gallon.  That is less expensive than Gatorade.  That got me thinking.  Maybe there were other liquids besides Gatorade and auto anti-freeze that will match the green color.  (I didn't, and still don't, think anti-freeze was/is a good idea to pour into a pond filled with fish, tadpoles and frogs.  I have heard that two tablespoons of anti-freeze is enough to kill child.  A drink might be a better idea.)  He bought the Hawaiian Punch at WalMart.  I got into my car and headed that way.


While in the drink aisle at WalMart, I found a green Hawaiian Punch and thought I hit the jackpot.  Holding the bottle up to the fluorescent lights, I saw it was not transparent.  I need a green transparent liquid.  I continued to scour the shelves for my green liquid.  Then, down on the lowest shelf, I spied packets of Kool-Aid.  Lemon-Lime Kool-Aid in unsweetened packets @ $0.20/packet.  Each packet makes one half gallon.  I figured I need one gallon just to fill the bowl.  So, I purchased four packets.  A good price for my green liquid.  I also purchased a box of food coloring with the colors, red, blue, yellow and green.  If the color of the Kool-
Aid isn't quite right I can adjust it with the food coloring.  I was feeling pretty good when I left WalMart.

At this point in time, except for actually making the drape/chiton with Stitch Witchery and mixing up a batch of Kool-Aid to get the color correct, I believe I have my props.  It shouldn't take too much time but, I need to get busy.

LINKS

Circe Invidiosa

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't be shy. Leave a comment. I won't bite your head off.